Truffle Mushroom Soup
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter1 garlic clove
minced1 onion finely chopped
500g white button mushrooms chopped
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup cream
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Stonebarn Truffle Oil
drizzled sliced sautéed mushrooms for garnish
How to Cook
(1) Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
(2) Add the garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute, until they begin to soften.
(3) Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, until tender and browned.
(4) Add the stock and allow the soup to simmer well for 3 minutes.
(5) The stock will thicken slightly to be somewhat creamy.
(6) Add the cream and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, then puree the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
(7) Once smooth, ladle into bowls and drizzle one tablespoon of Stonebarn Truffle Oil over the soup.
(8) Add the sliced sautéed mushrooms for garnish.